Douglas County Senior football player, Clayton Tyrel, has been named a Vince Dooley Scholarship Award Winner for the 2018-2019 school year. Recipients of the award, named for legendary University of Georgia football coach Vince Dooley, must exemplify the following traits:
- Train with a disciplined, consistent work ethic
- Demonstrate fair play and superior sportsmanship
- Develop positive, supportive relationships with teammates and coaches
- Win or lose with grace and dignity
- Make a significant difference in their community and world
The Vince Dooley scholarship is for $1,000 per year, for four years, coupled with a donation to the charitable organization of each recipient’s choice.
Tyrel, a three year varsity football starter, is also an Honor Graduate & will be attending the Georgia Institute of Technology on a full academic scholarship next fall. He will also participate in football activities as a Preferred Walk-On.